Wrapping it Up
Hey Faithful Followers,
I just want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you to all of those who made this exciting X CHALLENGE possible.
- Wendy Schmidt for her generous donation, and her passion for the ocean. Thank you not only for your charitable financial contribution, but for your humble willingness to do what is right, and work in a space that had not been touched for many years.
- CRUCIAL, Elastec/ American Marine, Koseq, Lamor, NOFI, OilShaver, OilWhale, PPR, Voraxial, and Vor-Tek, our 10 Finalist teams who showed us that we can break through the impossible, and make it possible. Thank you for enduring extreme weather, unforeseen hardships and fighting through your problems. You are all admirable, and an inspiration to us all.
- Our $1 million winners Team Elastec/ American Marine and our $300,000 winners Team NOFI, for changing the way the world sees oil cleanup technology, and for blowing the current oil recovery statistics out of the water (pun intended). You have started shown the world that faster oil recovery is possible, and because of this, will help the environment and save lives.
- Our Judging Panel: John Joe Dec, Eugene Johnson, Dennis Takahashi-Kelso, Hung Nguyen, Skip Przelomski, Don Toenshoff, Jr., Peter Velez, and Dave Westerholm for donating your time and expertise to make sure the judging of this competition fair and safe. We could not have done it without you.
- Last but not least, to our wonderful X PRIZE Foundation employees! Without your extreme hard work, organization and passion for this company, the
Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE could not have stood on its own. You are so appreciated!
This competition will without a doubt live on in the new technology that is created, and eventually used in the ocean to help clean up oil spills. Thank you to our faithful readers. Your support has meant so much to the Foundation, to the competing teams, and to Wendy Schmidt.
This is the final blog post for the Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE, but it is not the last time you will hear about the amazing things this competition has brought to fruition. Please keep your eyes peeled for more information about our winning teams and competing teams technology on the X PRIZE Foundation website, X PRIZE Foundation Twitter account, and X PRIZE Foundation Facebook account. Follow us and like us for the updates!
Thank you! It has been a pleasure to keep you posted with all the news and updates of the challenge and to see that there really are people out there who want to make a difference.
Alex at X PRIZE